Ollie, Kevin, and I started scrubbing the entire roof area before painting. George was working on the other side.
Old tape was removed and last minute repairs made.
George worked on the clam shell.
Ollie (Dave Oliver) making repairs.
Kevin and Ollie then started the masking. We used green frog tape which worked very well.
Then the painting started. We used a two-part Polyurethane, applied with mini-rollers. Kevin started on the roof while Ollie did the sides. George and I cut the edges around the wings on the roof, then helped with the rolling.
Ollie made good use of the scissors lift.
Kevin touched up around the lower wing area.
In the bright sunlight, the Extra-White tinted paint was almost blinding, necessitating sunglasses.
The rollers seemed small, but worked amazingly well. Coverage was excellent.
When all was said and done, the aircraft looked beautiful! Two coats of paint were applied. Next Spring the flight deck window area will be disassembled, painted, and new Plexiglas windows installed.
New windows will go where the black plastic is. They have been cut and the frame polished and clear coated. We hope to install them in a week or so. The white on the lightning bolt will get painted next Spring too.