***September 16th Museum Update***

Museum News and Photo Updates, HAG/NWM Discussions, HAG/NWM Member News, Ideas, Questions, Stories, anything related to the 1941 "HAG" and the National Warplane Museum is welcomed here!

***September 16th Museum Update***

Postby Austin Hancock » 16 Sep 2012 14:29

Hello all you HAG fans! Hope you are each doing great and enjoying this early fall weather. I apologize that I have not been active on here lately in regards to updates, however I just started back at school full-time and am also working full-time. In what little free time I do have, I'm completing my commercial pilot training. Work at the museum never seems to slow down, even the smallest projects move the museum forward to greatness. Here's a rundown of the latest HAG news...

C-47 "Skytrain"- Our D-Day Veteran C-47 is heading to Schenectady today for the 109th Airlift Wing reunion. I can't imagine how cool it would be to see a C-47/C-130 heritage flight! 8-)

C-119 "Phoenix"- The gang is making steady progress on the static restoration process. To see the latest details, pop on over to their own forum here>>>http://1941hagforums.mykingairb200.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2330. It is just wonderful to see our '119 get the TLC she deserves.

AN-2 Antonov- We have been putting some of our energy towards getting the "Colt" back in the air. Stay tuned for more news on this!

Buildings and Grounds-

Display Facility/Visitor's Centre- Here and there, as manpower becomes available, work is still getting done to finish the new display area. There remains a good amount of finishing work to be done, along with display design and execution. It will be only a matter of time before this new facility is active!

2012 Chicken BBQ & Corn Roast- We @ the HAG are pleased to report the we completely sold out of bbq dinners last week! The event was a huge success, and we'd like to thank all who came!

P-51B "Lucy Gal" Project- Phew, I've been soooo busy, I haven't had a chance to update on my project! Here's a new "news and notes" update>>>http://fighterfund.blogspot.com/2012/09/summer-2012-news-and-notes.html Enjoy!

Pictures- Here's what you missed this weekend in Geneseo!

A hangar full of bare aluminum beauty.

Display facility renovation progress.

Here's the new lights that will be hung in the display facility mentioned above.

Our C-47 at rest on the turf.

Our '47's birth certificate!

This immaculate Stinson-108 stopped by for a visit on Saturday!

Two Korean War birds, the C-119 and the T-33.

A tarp covers the C-119 "Phoenix" cockpit so that the elements are kept out during restoration.

She's really coming along.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds...
Austin Hancock

FAA Part 141 Commercial Pilot Student (Current PPT) - Rochester Air Centre
Marketing & Museum Studies B.S. Student - St. John Fisher College

Austin Hancock
Site Admin

Return to 1941 Historical Aircraft Group and National Warplane Museum Matters