Hello all you HAG fans! We hope you are enjoying this great weather break (if you're in WNY.) Yesterday, we took advantage of the higher temps and opened the hangar doors for some fresh air.
There exists a lot of excitement around the museum, with many fresh and new endeavors on the horizon. Here's a rundown of the latest HAG news...Aircraft
- Our maintenance regime continues as planned with the '47. The landing gear stip/re-painting is moving along flawlessly (see pics for details.) In 1-2 weeks, the annual inspection will be completed as well. Also, there is some very big news in regards to our C-47 that will be released shortly, so stay tuned.C-119 "Flying Boxcar"
- The C-119 is receiving some much deserved TLC this winter. The restoration crew managed to remove the horizontal stabilizer before winter hit, and it now resides in the shop. This component, along with the other control surfaces, will be re-covered and re-painted through the winter.UC-43 "Traveler"
- In order to get the C-47 completed in a timely manner, our attention has shifted away from the Staggerwing for the moment. Our plan is to still have her flying again by airshow, though! Work should commence again shortly.Buildings and Grounds
- The "Operation High Flight" fundraising campaign is in full swing, and every dollar counts! The more donations we receive, the faster we can complete our new interactive display facility. Archives/Library/Admin Building
- Donna and crew have done a great job of organizing and keeping things clean. Also, the SUNY Geneseo interns are doing fabulous work in recording our library and memorabilia collection.P-51B "Lucy Gal" Project
- Nothing new to report from the Croatian front, but I hope that will change shortly. I grow impatient, wanting to move forward with the project, but not knowing what direction to go in (start building vs. waiting for airframe.)2013 Geneseo Airshow
- Our 1st airshow planning meeting was Wednesday night. It went great! There is a lot of new, fresh, young energy this year like nothing I've seen before. We plan to operate things a little differently this year, making a few necessary changes that have been exposed from recent show experiences. Among these improvements is a creation of my own. I will be developing a Museum/Airshow app for 2013! Stay tuned for details on this as I progress. Also, we have many optimistic targets for show aircraft this year, including a B-17, B-24, Lanc, DH.98 Mossie, etc.Pictures
- Here's what you missed this weekend in Geneseo...!
"Look Ma! No wheels!" Lol.
Lee busy stripping the old paint off of the landing gear components.
Here's the landing gear with paint stripped. Ready for priming/painting.
A few completed landing gear pieces, shiny new!
C-119 Rudders ready for strip and recovering.
C-119 elevator ready for some attention.
Blue Skies and Tailwinds...